A version of this posted was oringally posted at Bodimojo.com/blog.
I haven't posted in a while because we've been very, very busy at BodiMojo.com.
First, we got some great results from our field test of BodiMojo.com used in high school health classes. Hint: Girls exposed to Bodimojo.com over one month improved their attitudes about their own body image compared to girls who didn't use the site, especially around how they feel about their physical appearance and in comparing themselves to others). Read more from Boston Globe blog post. Now we recrafting the girl interactive tools into a new "Girls Confidence" dashboard, and my teenage daugther and her friends have been helping out. Stay tuned for that this fall!
Second, we optmized the bodimojo site for mobile smaarthones, to now it's easy for teens to set and update thier health goals.
Third, we pulled some of our tools into a Facebook app. Here's the scoop from our Bodimojo blog:
So what's mojo anyway? At BodiMojo for teens we consider it your personal charm, the moment you feel most fully yourself, comfortable, confident... no self-judgment. In the zone. Mojo is also the kind of feeling or state of being you want to share, kind of like paying it forward. So we've gathered a few of the BodiMojo.com tools and packaged them into an app on Facebook: My Mojo. Five things you can do once you "allow" the app:
(1) Take a mojo quiz. We've posted 4 quizzes in the app but have many more on bodimojo.com. Be sure to check out and share with friends.
(2) Visualize your mood with the Mojo Mood Cloud. Feeling freaked out, joyful, silly, emo? Tag your moods here! (The Mood Cloud is on main site and log in is required for all personalized tools).
(3) Send friends a virtual gift to boost their mood or cheer 'em on via email or post on FB wall. We have some cool animations created by our friends at Doink. The 10 teen winners of a recent contest created some awesome art, so support the artists and your friends at the same time. A win win! (DoInk artist, Syas, created volleyball girl.)
(4) Get a BodiMojo Snapshot into your health habits. The app allows you to connect via Facebook to BodiMojo.com where you can get personalized feedback on your lifestyle habits. Just visit the My Page section where you'll find your "Health Mojo" -- nutrition, fitness, body image attitudes, stress and more. So instead of hearing the same old, same old about what it takes to be healthy, you get customized feedback. How refreshing!
(5) Once you're on the BodiMojo's My Page you can create personal health goals, and set up email or text updates, too. You earn points every step of the way. And there's lots more content to check out.
Of course, we want your feedback, too. Teens have helped shape the site and we want to keep working at it to improve your experience! Tell us on Facebook!
Did You Know?
- BodiMojo was listed as Cool Site of the Day. Give us a Thumbs up! (And like us on Facebook!)
- BodiMojo was ranked in top five: 2011 Reader's Choice Finalist for Best Teen Websites
- Research shows BodiMojo helps high school girls improve body image, as noted in Boston Globe. And new confidence tools will be out this Fall just for girls. So stay tuned, girlfriends!